Bhutan is Asia’s best-kept secret. Overshadowed and nestled between China and India, it is a relatively new travel spot, with many undiscovered secrets in its natural scenery and quiet townships. The land is dotted with red-clothed monks, ancient Buddhist temples, and friendly smiles. It is one calm country, where gross national happiness is more important than money, where chilies are used as a vegetable rather than for spice, and the thunder dragon, Druk, is emblazoned on the national flag, symbolising the people of Bhutan: loyal, patriotic and living with a total sense of belonging within the kingdom.
- Thimphu – Gagyel Lhundrup Weaving Centre
- Thimphu – Nado Poizokhang Incense Factory
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Thimphu – National Memorial Chorten
- Thimphu – Village walk & picnic lunch
- Thimphu – Choki Traditional Art School
- Thimphu – Drubthob Nunnery
- Thimphu – National Textile Museum
- Punakha Valley – Chimi Lhakhang
- Punakha – Punakha Dzong
- Paro – Home cooked dinner & family visit
- Paro – Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest) Monastery hike
- Complimentary Airport Departure Transfer
- According to Lonely Planet, Bhutan is the top country to visit in 2020: here’s why we agree: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/lonely-planet-2020-bhutan/
- A magical kingdom in the Himalayas nestled between two spiritual hubs, Tibet and India, it would be hard not to feel closer to enlightenment in this hidden paradise.
- Bhutan is quite possibly the most environmentally friendly country in the world; by law, 60% of the country must remain protected national forest and the country actually absorbs more carbon than it uses.
- Journey to Taktsang, commonly known as the Tiger’s Nest, the small monastery clinging to a rocky cliff 900 metres above the valley floor, and soak in its magnificence.
- While it’s legal to consume imported meat, the slaughtering animals for consumption within Bhutan are outright banned therefore delicious veggie dishes are varied and bountiful at every meal.
- Hike to the top of Khamsum Yulley Namgyal Chorten, a monastery built to bring peace to the world, and enjoy breathtaking views of the valley and surrounding rice terraces.
Paro - Thimphu
Thimpu - Paro
Tiger's Nest Monastery